Issue Six, 1971
The contributors to previous issues … have mainly been speculative and concerned with conceptual models, these have centered around the evolution and articulation at a general level of a stance concerning the artist’s relation and operation of notions of control, structuring of behaviour, and as an instigator and operator of cognition…..since the last issue appeared there has been a growing number of simulation works, behavioural situations, learning systems, and projects that involve casual audiences being built and adopted.
(Extract from the Editorial)
- Stroud Cornock, 'Towards a General Systems Model of the Artistic Process'
- Jan Kopinski, 'Artists and Functional Process'
- Stephen Willats, 'Man From the Twenty-first Century', 'Cognition and Control Project', 'Cognition and Control', 'Visual Meta Language Simulation'
- John Sharkey, 'Inside the Innersphere'
- Andy McKay, 'Preliminary or: If I Stand in a Circle with Myself Where do My Ends Meet'
- Ernest Edmonds, 'Communications Game'
- George Mallen, 'An Approach to the Concept of an 'Art System''
- Jack Shotbolt, 'Behavioural Maze Project No. 1'
- David Budgen, 'Dissemobile'