One of the central roles of Control Magazine has been to act as a vehicle for the explanation of art practice between artists that are in the process of seeking a meaningful engagement in contemporary society. Hence explanation is seen as central to the development of individual art practice and the creation of networks between artists that activate and facilitate the creation of new paradigms on which relevant intervention into the social fabric can be based.
- Jakob Jakobsen A New Table, which might not be Understood as Clean in Modern Terms
- David Goldenberg A Platform for People to Speak for Themselves
- Jesus Cruzvillegas M.V.C.
- Art Lab Support Strategies
- Nils Norman, Elinor Jansz, Christabel Stewart & Emily Pethick Super Clinic
- Hamish Fulton Is It Today, Yesterday or Tomorrow
- Sarah Staton A Gardening Project
- David Beech Past Noc/Erge/Propter Hoc
- Heinrich Sachs Neus Leben (New Life)
- Stephen Willats Multichannel Workshop–Practice in the Art Museum
- Wolfgang Spanier